In any organization, qualified employees are one of the most important assets to increase productivity and improve the quality of services. For smooth airport functioning, the top priority is to offer suitable training in all organizational levels, not only middle and top management. Some of the skills required to be a part of airport staff are flexibility, problem-solving skills, teamwork, interpersonal skills, communication, and responsibility
Problems faced in Traditional methods of Airport Staff Training
Some of the very common problems that the Learning & Development departments are facing today is that conventional enterprise training is expensive, non-engaging, and often boring. The cost of setting up classrooms and hiring trainers and then getting trainers and trainees together is a nightmare.
There is a lack of retention of knowledge when learning via conventional methods like classroom or video-based learning and also, makes it difficult to Quantify the effectiveness of the training.
Due to the attrition rate scaling up, lack of reinforcement, and lack of standardization of training modules, it is becoming increasingly important for organizations to change their method of training.
How GMetri XR Training helps solve Learning challenges:
- Logistics: The movement of trainers for training multiple channels / teams / cities is not required.
- Hardware: Hardware investment is not required.
- Quantifiable: The progress of the employees can be measured through assessment and scoring.
- Cost: The cost of the training is drastically reduced as the modules can be used over and over again as well as the requirement for physical classes will be less.
- Standardization: The standardization of modules provides an equal opportunity for all the trainees to learn in the best possible way.
- Process training: Teach the SOPs to the trainees in the most engaging way.
- Learning by Doing: Making mistakes is the best way to learn. The learner gets the real-time experience of doing the job assigned and has the option of making mistakes for learning the right (perfect) way of doing the work.
- Deployment: The modules can be deployed across the spectrum including smartphones, tablets, VR headsets, laptop/PC, CRM, LMS, Application, web browser.
- Analytics: The analytics help the organization understand the growth of the employee and the training retention.
XR based Solutions for efficient Airport Staff Training
At Airports, there are a lot of job roles that are very technical. These types of roles require Technical learning in a safe environment so that they are well versed with all the technicality of the job and also, make minimum errors on the job.
At GMetri we create training modules based on the actual processes and techniques by capturing the SOPs in real-time and adding interactivity, gamification, and assessments. Our value proposition lies in creating a surreal environment for learners which gives them a detailed, first-hand experience of the training on different processes while sitting in a safe remote location.
The training process is typically divided into 3 parts - Learn, Practice, and Apply.
- Learn: Learn the process by watching a video and by familiarizing with key items.
- Practice: Follow the guided walk-through and practice the intervention yourself.
- Apply: Perform the intervention on the basis of what you have learned and practiced.
Soft Skill Training (Consumer Facing)
Customer interaction is a very important part of the job for Airport ground duty employees. Learning how to greet people, speak to them professionally and guide them to the desired location and solve their queries is the key requirement of the job.
A customer interaction training is typically divided into 2 parts: Learn and Test. The employees are required to go through the Learn module first and understand the techniques and skills and then go ahead with the Test module that evaluates the understanding of the user. This module asks questions to the user as per the customer queries and conversations. The user has to give the correct answer to proceed further. There are negative and positive points for each question
The scenario-based learning approach makes the employees well-versed with real-life situations that they might encounter during the course. The users earn points for completing each scenario and they can go back to any scenario if they want to relearn.
The trainees can learn by watching an employee catering to a customer who visits the counter from a third person’s perspective. This shows the learner an ideal way to interact with a customer.
Impact of the Gamified Training Process
- Knowledge retention is increased to up to 90%.
- Train 1 million+ employees across the globe
- Cuts Training costs by up to 50%
- Saving 60% training time
Introducing gamification in Airport staff training clearly brings with it a wide array of benefits. Start the journey today, you can request a callback here.